Monday, January 29, 2007

Welcome~

Hello - I'm Erika, an adjunct professor of Anthropology. I am starting this blog as a way to communicate with my students in an informal way outside of the classroom. I'll be posting links to sites of interest, my reactions and opinions to news from the world of anthropology, and some stuff I find fun or cool (which may or may not be anthropological).
This is a bit of an experiment in connectivism. One of my interests is how technology impacts our social lives, sometimes for the worse, and sometimes for the better. I'd like for this blog to enhance the student-teacher relationship by creating a way for us to explore topics together outside of the classroom, but in a less formal way than through Blackboard. You'll find out more about my interests, likes, dislikes, etc., and hopefully you students will be better able to relate to me in class and outside of class. Through your feedback, I hope to become a better professor as well.

But mostly, I hope to have fun with this, and I hope you do too!

No comments: